ENGLISH FOR EVERYONE

ENGLISH FOR EVERYONE

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Paragraph Cloze Exercises


"Woman in the Garden" Claude Monet, 1867














Read the paragraph once. Then read the same paragraph again, but fill the blanks. Check your writing by looking at the original paragraph.

Maria is my very good friend. We grew up together, we went to grade school together, and we played a lot together. Now, I live in San Francisco. She still lives in Mexico. Even though we live far apart, we're still very good friends.


Maria is very good friend. We together, we to grade school together, and we a lot together. Now, in San Francisco. She still in Mexico. Even though far apart,
still very good


We write to each other very often. She writes to me letters about her life in Mexico. I write to her letters about my life in the United States. We never forget each other's birthdays. Last year, I sent her a new book about San Francisco. She sent me a beautiful scarf.


We to each other very often. She writes to about her life in Mexico. I write to her letters about in the United States. forget each other's birthdays. Last year, her a new book about San Francisco. She sent me a scarf.



1. Maria and I _______ still very good friends.a. am
b. is
c. are
d. do
2. We _____________ to college together.a. don't went
b. no go
c. didn't went
d. didn't go
3. We _____________ a lot together when we were kids.a. played
b. playing
c. play
d. was play
4. ___________ she write to you very often?a. Is
b. Do
c. Does
d. does
5. __________ you and Maria going to see each other soon?a. are
b. Are
c. Is
d. Does
6. We __________ live in the same city now.a. aren't
b. don't
c. doesn't
d. do'nt
7. She often __________ ________ letters about her life in Mexico.a. writes me
b. writing me
c. write my
d. Writes me
8. What _______ _______ ________ you for your birthday last year?a. did she sent
b. send did she
c. did she send
d. was she sent
9. __________ Maria live in San Francisco or Mexico City?a. Is
b. Do
c. Does
d. Was
10. We never _____________ each others' birthdays. a.forgetting
b. forget
c. forgets
d. remember

No comments:

Post a Comment