ENGLISH FOR EVERYONE

ENGLISH FOR EVERYONE

Friday, April 13, 2018

The Past Tense of "Be".


"The Acrobats" by Francis Picabia, 1927




















Fill the blanks. Use "was, were, wasn't, or weren't".
These words are the past tense of "be".

1a. you in school yesterday? 

1b. No, I in school because I had a doctor's appointment. 

2a. the lesson difficult? I hope the teacher has an extra copy. 

2b. The lesson too difficult. We had to write sentences using the past tense of "be". 

3a. How your vacation? Did you have a good time?

3b. It too bad. It rained a lot, but we still had a good time. 

4a. there a lot of people at the beach last weekend? 

4b. No, there .  I thought there would be more.

5a. How the movies you saw last weekend?


5b. They very good. I fell asleep. 

6a. I thought that the acrobats fantastic at the circus yesterday. 

6b. I agree with you. But the popcorn terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment